Key steps of creating a pay equity plan
The second milestone in the pay equity process is the development of a pay equity plan. This work involves:
- Creating job classes;
- Determining which job classes are predominantly female and which ones are predominantly male;
- Valuing the work done in each of these job classes;
- Calculating total compensation in dollars per hour for each of these job classes;
- Comparing compensation to determine whether there are any differences in compensation between job classes of equal value;
- Preparing the contents of the pay equity plan; and,
- Posting the draft and final versions of the pay equity plan.
The details for each of the stepping-stones of that process are expected to be available in the fall of 2021.
- Date modified: